Dr. Janet Lewis earned her undergraduate degree in biological sciences from Stanford University in California. She then attended medical school at Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia, where she graduated top of her class.
Dr. Lewis became the first African American woman accepted to Louisiana State University’s orthopaedic surgery program. She is passionate about foot and ankle care - performing many reconstructions for deformities and treating sports injuries.
In addition to being an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Lewis is a certified personal trainer and a nutrition coach. Dr. Lewis has been in practice for 15 years and is dedicated to patient education and improving patients' overall health.
- Bachelor of Science, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 1988
- Doctorate of Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, 1992
- Orthopaedics, Louisiana State University, New Orleans, LA, 1992-1993
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans, New Orleans, LA, 1992-1997
- Foot & Ankle, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 1997-1998
- Board-Certification, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certified, Personal Trainer
- Certified, Laser Liposuction
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- National Medical Association
- J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society