Dr. Julia Gardner specializes in the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal diseases with an emphasis on nonsurgical management.
She graduated from Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas, with a bachelor of science degree in biology and then earned her medical degree at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas. Dr. Gardner then went on to complete an internship in general surgery and her residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
It is Dr. Gardner's goal to have every patient fully understand his or her injury or condition. She realizes that decisions for orthopaedic care can be overwhelming, and she is available to patients as an expert in patient care and education.
Dr. Gardner relocated to the Virgin Islands in 2006. When she is not seeing patients, she enjoys making jewelry, doing arts and crafts, studying ancient cultures, silver and goldsmithing, and listening to music.
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX, 1985
- Doctorate of Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, 1990
- General Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1990-1991
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1991-1995
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons