Hand pain can be the result of a condition that has developed over time, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and arthritis, or of a recent finger injury from an accidental fall, such as a fracture or jam.
In some cases, and if not detected early, conditions such as carpal tunnel, pressure caused by repetitive motions on the median nerve, may create severe pain in the fingers, thumb, hand, and forearm.
The most frequent causes of pain in the hand can be related to a condition that has transpired over time.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms of hand pain, it may be time to seek medical treatment from a hand doctor.
- Increased hand and arm pain
- Finger joint pain when carrying, gripping, grasping, or twisting objects
- Swelling and discomfort in the hand or around the affected joint
- Changes in the surrounding joints—if you are experiencing thumb joint pain, your neighboring finger joints may become more mobile than normal
- Your hand, palm, and fingers may feel warm or appear red in color
- Hand numbness, tingling, or throbbing while resting or sleeping
- A sensation of grating or grinding in the affected joint—this is caused by damaged cartilage
- Developing cysts on the end joints of your fingers—this is caused by conditions such as arthritis
At Comprehensive Orthopaedic Global, we understand that pain in the hand can make simple, everyday activities challenging.
To consult with a hand doctor at Comprehensive Orthopaedic Global, please request an appointment online or call (340) 779-2663.
Why choose Comprehensive Orthopaedic Global?
Our hand surgeons at Comprehensive Orthopaedic Global completed additional training specifically in the hand and wrist. With this advanced training, our hand surgeons, Dr. Brian Bacot, Dr. Linda Jackson, Dr. Janet Lewis, and Dr. Julia Gardner, have the training, experience, and expertise to assess, diagnose, and treat your hand injury or condition individually to your needs. Our hand surgeons work closely with our therapists of COG Restore to ensure that your transition to rehab and your recovery period is seamless.
To consult with a hand surgeon at Comprehensive Orthopaedic Global, please request an appointment online or call (340) 779-2663.